Fan Fiction and Other Craziness

Here's my favorite! [The missing scene of the motorbike ride up the Dark Peak]

Never mind. This is my new favorite! [a perfect letter; post story]
Another fine moment! [post story, Maddie remembers a missing moment]
A Sad One! [post story, Maddie writes about the end of the war]

My First Fan-Fiction [an obligatory attempt at saving Julie]
My Last Fan-Fiction? [Isolde learns about her father]
Nope! I Collaborated to Write: [a post story Jamie/Maddie proposal] Feb 2016


Associated artwork "Lysander Moon" by co-author Jael Baldwin, February 2016.







(Maddie/Jamie CNV art by Jael)


Nobody's Angel [Anna Engel's secret diary]

And here's the link to all of them on AO3. (archive of our own)

Four different book quizzes on Goodreads.
A SCREENPLAY in 6 parts!  [April 2015]
An "Education Presentation".  [May 2015]

http://glaukopis.tumblr.com/post/61998919538/when-brakes-get-wet-a-code-name-verity-vid
You Must Watch This!
[a Code Name Verity inspired music video... 
"When Brakes Get Wet" song by Julie Doiron]

A book trailer for the Czech version.
--------

The Sweater:
From the author.

So I don't feel alone when telling how I found my own sweater and skirt... I was poking around a local thrift store, because I always love discovering things... and I noticed this lovely sweater. So of course, I thought, "I wonder if they have a gray flannel skirt?"... and they did... just one... in my size. Five dollars for each item. And the lady at the counter commented on the color and thought it was beautiful. I couldn't help smiling like an idiot, and I actually shouted with laughter when I got out the door. It was too random and wonderful to be true. I've never been so happy to be blond.

-Jennifer Waters (just another hopeless, addicted fan)


And don't forget book trailers and interviews on YouTube.

Look what I wish I could buy:



The so-called Code Name Verity Effect is well documented:

It's just so perfect... juxtaposed with those other sayings. All of these are from fans on Twitter at #codenameverity



And then there's the dorky (after my own heart); a fan took over her child's coloring book:







And there is fan art everywhere and way more artistic than I could ever be. The author has put it together on her Pinterest page. And there's a second Pinterest page here. And another one! Basically, it's all over the place.

So, thank you to fans everywhere.
You make me smile.

And Kiss Me, Hardy!

1 comment:

  1. !!!!!

    what i do when you're not around is CLICK ALL THE LINKS

    -verity83

    ReplyDelete